Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sorry if my spelling is weird...but I'm British!

It was a while back when I asked on the Etsy forums for some feedback for my shop. I felt very brave and was steeling myself for the critiques about to come my way. What I didn't expect though, was that some of my American Etsy reviewers would critique my spelling.

"You spelled jewelry wrong on your banner", said one reviewer. Oh no! Panic set in. After checking, I realised what was going on. My British spelling was throwing people off. And it still does, on occasion.

So here I am, giving you a heads-up that I won't be changing my spelling of the following words (sorry,  it just doesn't feel right):

organise
realise
oxidise

labour
colour
favour
behaviour
favourite

aluminium

jewellery
jeweller


Mata ne!
Victoria


P. S. And I also measure in cm and mm.....
P.P.S Even Blogger is pointing out my errors on this post by putting helpful red dots underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment