Monday, October 9, 2017

OCTOBER BLOG FEATURE: Corin Kanazawa Stylist


Hello everyone! I’m Corin of Corin Kanazawa Stylist, based in Tokyo. I’ve lived in Japan on and off for 17 years – 10 years in the beautiful countryside of Akita City in North Eastern Japan, and 7 years in Tokyo, where I currently live with my husband and 3 cheeky monkeys (two girls 9 and 7 and a little 3 year old boy). 



A year ago I embarked on my dream of starting my own business offering personal styling, closet detoxing (de-cluttering and coordinating) as well as personal shopping experiences. I love being a mum but also love having a creative outlet and working with wonderful women to achieve their best looks and boost confidence. 


My passion for fashion began at an early age. As a young child, I adored playing dress-up with grandmother’s sumptuous silk scarf collection, plodding around her bedroom in her glamorous high-heeled shoes and wrapping myself in her beautiful woolen coats. 




I’ve always loved clothes and shopping and helping friends and family to style their best looks. I worked in fashion for a number of years in my home town of Melbourne, Australia, working with local and international brands including Louis Vuitton where I discovered the significant impact that the right fabric, fit and style has on enhancing body shape and personal style. 


 

The amazing range of colour, fabric and design in this incredibly fashion-forward city re-fueled my love of fashion and styling. In October 2016 I decided to offer personal styling and personal shopping for the English-speaking Tokyo community. 




Before shopping for new items, its important to be familiar with existing items in your closet and be confident coordinating any new pieces into the mix. This is why a closet detox, styling & personal shopping session can actually help save money in the long run, preventing regrettable purchases. 


 After a closet detox



I visit client’s homes and together, we carefully scan closets deciding which pieces to keep, letting go of items that no longer suit needs, body shape and/or lifestyle. We follow up with an exciting day of personal shopping where we try on pieces that I have pre-selected and items we find on the day, choosing the best items to coordinate with your newly detoxed closet! 


I offer two styling packages: 
The Full Seasonal Styling Package, which includes an initial consultation, followed by a home closet detox and styling session, and finally a day of personal shopping. 

Some clients prefer booking a Closet Detox & Styling package initially, which includes an initial consultation followed by a home closet detox and styling session - where I show clients how to coordinate their items based on their lifestyle and body shape. Most clients generally follow up with a personal shopping experience to fill in the gaps (which are usually significant after a thorough detox!) 

This month I’m very excited to be celebrating one year of styling in Tokyo and for the first time, in Kansai! 




I love helping boost confidence through refreshing my clients’ wardrobes and looks. Having an accessible closet filled with pieces that are easy to coordinate without fuss or confusion, truly saves time and money in our very busy and sometimes stressful lives. 

If you open your closet to get dressed or head out shopping and feel at all anxious, stressed or confused about what to wear or buy, consider contacting me to chat about how I can help you achieve your best look through a fun yet efficient closet detox & personal shopping experience. 



You can contact me here:
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/corinstylist/ 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/corinstylist/
Email: corin@corinstylist.com 


I can’t wait to hear from you to help you embark on your style journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment